Thursday, March 3, 2011

Episode 4: Fear, Itself

Because I'm competitive and need to beat Kali  I was thinking of what I can do to make this post awesome since Kali had such a great, new idea yesterday. This is what I ended up coming up with... It sort of sucks, Kali is better than I am :( Lemme know what you guys think and maybe I'll do it for more episodes in the future. Or never do it again depending on how it turns out this time...








This is the result of what happens when Sarah finds a new toy on her computer; I could turn pictures into paintings! Anyways, now you got the gist of the episode so onto the review. Pretty obviously, this episode has to do with the scoobies fears. Xander, feeling like an outsider amongst his friends, fears them not being able to see or hear him; the real life version of this would be becoming abandoned by his friends. Willow, learning new magic, fears them going wrong; real life version is of her going to far and hurting herself or her friends *coughSeasonSixcough*. Oz, being a werewolf, fears transforming; real life version is losing control of himself and hurting himself or his friends in the process. Just wait another few episodes, dude. And Buffy, having yet another guy leave her, fears being cast aside after becoming vulnerable to another person; the real life version is basically the same as the haunted house version in her case.

However, they all were able to come back together and solve the evil. This is a reoccuring theme throughout the series and especially within season four. As we've stated at the start of the season, this year is about each of them discovering who they are as individuals. But in the end, they prove much better when together as one unit while fighting evil.

And once again, the monster within this episode isn't scary at all by the end. Joss does this a lot in order to show how it isn't the monsters that hurt us, it's the people and our own fears and emotions. Just another reason why this show is so damn brilliant.

-Sarah

Kali's Notes Quotes:
Sarah covered all the important things about dealing with fear, so I'm just going to say all the great quotes because there are a ton of funny ones!

Xander: I don’t know. I was going for ferocious, scary, but it’s coming out more dryly sardonic.
Willow: It does appear to be mocking you with its eye holes.
Oz: The nose hole seems sad and full of self-loathing.

Buffy: Just thinking about the life of a pumpkin. Grow up in the sun, happily entwined with others… Then somebody comes along, cuts you open and rips your guts out. (Favorite Line, one of my favorite lines of the whole series actually)

Buffy: Oh. My. God.
Giles: It's a sombrero.
Buffy: And it's on your head.
Giles: It seemed festive.

Willow: I'm Joan of Arc. I figured we had a lot in common, seeing as how I was almost burned at the stake, plus she has that close relationship with God.
Xander: [to Oz] And you are?
[Oz opens his jacket and reveals a name tag that says "God."]
Xander: Of course. I wish I'd thought of that before I put down my deposit. I could've been God.
Oz: Blasphemer.

Buffy: Thank the lord.
Oz: You're welcome.

Buffy: Let's be honest, Will, your basic spells are usually about fifty-fifty.
Willow: Oh, yeah? Well, so's your face.

Buffy: This is Gachnar?
Xander: [looks down mockingly at Gachnar] Big overture, little show.
Gachnar: [in a squeaky voice]: I am the dark lord of nightmares, the bringer of terror! Tremble before me. Fear me!
Willow: He... he's so cute!
Gachnar: Tremble!
[Xander pokes a finger at the tiny demon, speaking to it as if to a puppy.]
Xander: Who's a little fear demon? Come on! Who's a little fear demon?
Giles: Don't taunt the fear demon.
Xander: Why, can he hurt me?
Giles: No, it's just... tacky.

Buffy: There is no problem that cannot be solved by chocolate.

AND NOW...

A Super Special Surprise for getting to the end of the post...

The Sunnydale Trip video! Sorry again about the lack of a Season 3 recap but honestly Season 3 can be summed up with "They all grew up some and graduated." So hopefully you will like the video and subscribe to our channel because there will be more super special surprises... NEXT WEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment