Monday, March 7, 2011

Season 4, Episode 7

"The Initiative"

So far we've had hints here and there to some sort of an army-type organization that seems to be interested in all the things that go bump in the night. Well this episode we start to get answers on who these guys might be, although we are still left with some mysteries for a few more episodes. There isn't much to this episode that needs delving into, so like Dan Aykyrod said in Dragnet, I'll be giving you "Just the facts, ma'm".

Fact #1
Buffy cannot operate simply things like soda or yogurt machines.



Fact #2
Riley finds Buffy "peculiar" which is secret code for "I want to stick my penis in her vagina".


Fact #3
Spike wakes up after being captured by secret military/government agency. The flourescent lights do nothing good for his complexion.



Fact #4
Giles and Xander have no lives and nothing to do without Buffy so they sit around playing Pictionary.



Fact #5
Willow is sad because Oz left and Buffy tells off Professor Walsh for being a bitch about it. Riley still believes Buffy to be "peculiar".

Fact #6
WE WILL NEVER STOP USING XANDER'S PRETEND MILITARY SKILLS EVEN THOUGH IT WAS TWO YEARS AGO AND IT WAS A RIDICULOUS PREMISE TO BEGIN BECAUSE XANDER IS USELESS OTHERWISE SO YOU BETTER JUST DEAL WITH IT.

Fact #7
Giles likes Raspberry Fruit Punch.

Fact #8
Parker is still a douchebag and Riley has a thing for Buffy so he punches Parker when he talks smack about her. Another reason to like Riley.



Fact #9
Spike is supermegafoxyawesomehot and is able to pretend he is drugged in order to escape.

Fact #10
Willow is being emo. Riley asks for her help on how to "court" Buffy. Willow says they'll be at a party tonight even though she'd rather listen to "I'm so sad, I'm so very very sad" on repeat. At the party, Willow gives Riley some advice and says one of my favorite all-time lines, "And remember, if you hurt her, I will beat you to death with a shovel. A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend. Have fun." I feel the same way about giving warnings- Always be specific and ALWAYS follow through on your threats.

Fact #11
Spike returns home to Harmony because he hasn't met me yet has nowhere else to go.

Fact #12
Riley has no idea how to flirt. Cheese?



Fact #13
The hair-pulling, slapping, and scratching fight of Harmony and Xander's is my favorite fight of this entire show.

Fact #14
The only GIF I could find of that fight has a giant invisible border and it's really pissing me off but that scene really needs to be shown in GIF form so it will just need to be tolerated.

Fact #15
I'm really tired. Is this episode done yet?

Fact #16
Apparently nice, normal Riley is really in this secret agency with all his friends and Professor Walsh runs it. Weird.



Fact #17
Spike can use a computer and finds out where Buffy's dorm is. Too bad she's not home, but Willow is!

Fact #18
Spike is now impotent. Everytime he tries to bite Willow (or anyone) Spike gets a super painful migraine. She comforts him which is a nice callback to how she did the same thing in "Lovers Walk".


Fact #19
The Initiative tries to recapture Spike, but he is just too good for them and escapes.

Fact #20
Buffy tells Riley he's "peculiar" which again is code for "I want you to stick your penis in my vagina".


Fact #21
I wrote this late at night while being half-asleep as fast as I could.

Fact #22
I don't care if it sucks because I got to say penis.
-Kali!

Sarah's Notes
Since Kali is right in the fact that this episode is pretty simple and sort of boring, I'm just going to put up some of the awesome quotes:

-"You're right, a human being in pain has nothing to do with your job" (In Which Buffy Tells Off Professor Walsh)

-"You're kinda like a moron" (In Which Forrest States This Opinion On Riley Which Is Shared With Many Fandom Members)

- "New plan, we split up. You go that way" (In Which Spike Makes Me Giggle)

-"I've seen honest faces before. They usually come attached to liars" (In Which I Adore Willow)
 
-"Oh shut up" (In Which Giles Makes Me Giggle)
 
-"Well you failed extremely well" (In Which Willow Makes Me Giggle)
 
-"Maybe you were nervous" (In Which Willow Attempts To Kill Me With Her Adorableness)

-"Why don't we wait a half an hour and try again? Or.." (In Which Willow Succeeds In Her Attempts)
-And now, one question: Is the initiative made out of aluminum foil?

1 comment:

  1. You two found this episode slow? But look at all the new stuff that was introduced!
    I do suppose that the "Initiative" doesn't have much re-watch value, yet since this was my first time seeing it I was wide-eyed the whole time.
    Highlight: Xander vs Harmony slow motion cat fight. So much laughing.

    ReplyDelete